Comodo AV rating

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by minacross, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

how is Comodo AV regarding detection rates compared to the popular other free AVs: Avast HE, AVG Free and Antivir PE ? :rolleyes: o_O

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Not so nice from what has been said in the past unfortunately. :(

3. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

As long as they do not let test their product via respected organizations there is no rating availbale. And i'm afraid this will not happen so fast and even if it does the results will be most likely not what someone would expect.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If I remember IBK did give it a run but it was far behind the minimum requirements for participation in AV-comparatives :doubt:

5. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

... http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3263.msg24304.html#msg24304

:D There we go... That's exactly what i mean: "it has detected viruses that AVG, avast! and others have missed". - this sentence doesn't say anything or proves anything it's just a (biased) statement. Or even this one in the same post: "Comodo has fairly good detection, imo it does a bit better then AVG".

It's really better to let this judgement up to professional testers / organisations. I'm almost sure that IBK will post here a short reply regarding this.

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Comodos detection rates are still very low. It does in no way have atm better or nearly as good detection rates like AVG, Avast, AntiVir etc. have. :ninja:
    when mike's/peter's book comes out, it would be good to read it to understand what is wrong with some statements on forums/websites.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.