Comodo Attack Detection Settings

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Nebulus, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I have a problem with Comodo 3.0.15.277: it keeps telling me that it has blocked a lot of intrusions. I tried to modify the settings in Firewall->Attack Detection Settings, to allow a higher number of packets and for a longer period of time, but with no success.
    The worst part is that when I download something from LAN, it detects lots and lots of imaginary intrusions.
    Is there a setting that disable this behaviour (I couldn't find one...) ? Thanks.

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

What is it blocking? Inbounds or outbounds. When ever I use Yahoo messenger it will come up with some intrusion attempts but thats cause its filtering content. Also the only way you see intrusions is if you open up Comodo. It doesnt give you a pop up. The next time you reboot they will be cleared. Then pay attention to what programs you launch that are causing the intrusions. Look at your firewall and D+ logs.

3. Nebulus

I wasn't thinking that Comodo feels the need to tell me how many packets it blocked, but I was wrong :). That number is not related to Attack Detection as I thought. Thanks Dieselman!

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Then what exactly are you referring to? What number? Where do you see this? Comodo 3.1 is due out Monday.

5. Nebulus

This is listed under Summary->Network Defense: "The firewall has blocked nnn intrusion atempts so far".

Later edit: I'm shocked to find out that Comodo is using AppInit_DLLs key in the registry to load a dll inside every started process... From Microsoft.com: "We do not recommend that applications use this feature or rely on this feature. There are other techniques that can be used to achieve similar results".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.