Comodo antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by firehands13, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firehands13

firehands13 Registered Member

Hello. I am thinking of changing my current AV (Panda Cloud) to Comodo antivirus with defense +. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions about Comodo? Thanks.

2. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

I would not change PCAV for Comodo if i were you

3. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

From my experience, Comodo Internet Security is a good product -- especially when you consider the fact that it's free! But then again, so is Panda Cloud. You can't go wrong with either, IMHO. Just depends on whether you're just looking for an AV or an entire suite -- firewall, etc.

The only caveat with CIS is that it might not be suitable for someone who doesn't know much about computers. It does require a little bit of a learning curve to answer the pop-ups (particularly from D+). But even then, with a little bit of training, most of the alerts aren't really all that hard to figure out. With the default settings, there really aren't that many pop-ups anyway. And with the sandox, those pop-ups that you're not sure about can be isolated from the system, at least in theory.

I'd say give it a shot and see how you like it. CIS is one of those programs that typically you'll either love or hate. If it's not to your liking, then just keep Panda Cloud.

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

I will not recommend you to changing from Panda to Comodo :thumbd:

If use Comodo their will be lots of annoying popups and if use Panda you want get any popups (its like fully automatic). And also Panda is an "Set & Forget" security application :D

5. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

+1

Stay with Panda.

6. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

In my experience CIS might actually do the job for you as a suite This is because it is completely integrated. That being said Panda is probably a good choice as an Av just my opinion plus lately CIS or the Firewall alone seems not to uninstall correctly sometimes still operating even after being uninstalled. Usually I had to restore an image to remove it after trying it out. Why not keep Panda, it should protect you just fine. A nice firewall to combo with it would be Private Firewall. If you insist on CIS then you might also consider a free imaging program like Keriver free 1 click restore to aid you if you get in a pickle.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I do recommend Comodo over Panda if your fine with pop ups and also if you like to tinker with programs ;) :thumb:

8. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

A better choice to me would be using PCAV with Comodo Firewall and Defense + only. Don't install Comodo Antivirus at all. Their are better AVs than Comodo Antivirus IMO.

Where are you getting this from? When is the last time you used Comodo? What were your setting? I don't have lots of annoying popups and I am using Comodo Firewall and Defense +. I don't see what you talking about.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  9. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I agree with 1chaoticadult. A good combination of HIPS and signature/community protection.

Personally, I use SandboxIE and on demand virus scans. But, to each his own.

SourMilk out

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I would stick with CIS. Its going to protect you better than Panda. Even the lastest PC mag test comfirms this. Since comodo is all intergrated you can add something like sandboxie or geswall.

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Obviously your choice, but I can give an example of why I use CIS:

A piece of malware (ransomware) about 12 hours old:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=1b4a8e12fe4985f3fd53e27c5c3e165633b33268c2865638b65f626e03d3397d-1310151743

Comodo AV (like Norton, Panda, etc) missed it. But when one tries to run it on a CIS machine D+ sandboxes it and the malware won't run. With a AV without this technology you would be restoring an image (as long as the image was on an external HD, that is).

12. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Well yes that's my other reason. If the AV misses it, it gets sandboxed and if it doesn't get sandboxed, D+ usually speaks up. Really all you have to do is add some on demand scanner and your all set. I've always added sandboxie or geswall or even shadowdefender. Just for a little extra measure.
    PS. I would add emisoft to comodo firewall, once it lightens up a little. I was a religious emsisoft user until I found lighter AV solutions. I do still miss it though. Maybe when ver 6 comes out.

13. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

For a very good reason no A v B type threads. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.