Comodo antivirus stopping windows backup?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Saty, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saty

Saty Registered Member

hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. I realize i should probably be posting my pose at the comodo forums, but i like wilders.

Im totally new to comodo antivirus, was using avast for years. It seems comodo is blocking the scheduled monthly windows backup.

I havnt disabled comodo and tried the windows backup to comfirm. There is no popup asking me anything when the windows backup is running. There is nothing in the quarrentine tab, but there is something mentioned in the antivirus event logs coresponding with the time the window back up was trying to run.

Im not seeing how to exclude the file listed in the antivirus event logs. In the event log it shows action as detect, and status as sucess.

im rather confused lol with all of this lol, ive never had a problem with windows backup till now, and switching antiviruses recently seem to be the only thing different on this system.

Saty

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What OS? Are you using Windows own backup or some 3rd party software? Try with Comodo disabled to verify it is indeed blocking scheduling

3. Saty

Saty Registered Member

Cudni,

thank you for your reply. OS is vista basic, and im using windows own backup programs. I disabled comodo antivirus, and the backup ran flawlessly.

comodo antivirus was/is set to default settings if that helps. I dont see how to set comodo antivirus to allow the backup to run. Let me take that back, the backup did run, but at the end it gives a backup failed alarm and a code.

while looking up the code i found mentions of antivirus blocking the backup. Thats when i found the backup status mentioned in the event log as i stated in my first post.

Saty

4. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Hi saty and congratiolations with your membership and first post here - I was a lurker here for one and a half year before I made my first post here :D

Eventhough U like wilders, it still would be a good idea to post at comodo forums, so they get a better chance to investigate and fix the problem :)

5. Saty

Saty Registered Member

hey ebox,

thank you for the reply, im gonna take your advice and head over to the comodo forum. Hopefully they can help. I dont wanna just dump this and move to something else, Id like to try to get it working.

Saty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.