COMODO ANTIVIRUS FAILS

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kas, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

20 Dec.08 ; Recent problem - last few days.
    I have COMODO Internet Security. Their Virus Signature database is not up to date. When attempting to update it, a message says "Antivirus Engine not Initialised".

Cannot run a scan for this reason. The AV system is useless.
    Virus database was updated automatically on 20 Dec.08, but it makes no difference.

Many other users have complained about this fault. IT IS A COMODO PROBLEM and they need to sort it out quickly.

Meanwhile, we will all wait until they have a nice long Christmas break and perhaps sometime in the new year, they just may get around to correcting this matter, so that customers can use the AV part of COMODO and not just the Firewall.

UPDATE
    -------
    Firstly I apologise for the gibe. It was not meant seriously, just an innocent gibe. The COMODO people deserve a medal. The system is superb in design and operation, as a technical man, it is remarkable and to be offered free is astounding. I cannot express my compliments and gratitude highly enough to this company and it`s brilliant staff.

WELL - I finally uninstalled the whole thing and re-installed it from the COMODO site.
    The AV now works perfectly as before, but the only downside is that I lost all my personal security entries for an awful lot of files and programs.
    I have just had to start this enormous task again of going through the entire listing for the Firewall and Defense. It is VERY laborious and time consuming.
    I gather that I should have just dealt with the AV part, but did not know how to select that alone, so did the complete uninstall/re-install.

Many thanks to the kind people who replied to my poster.
    *puppy*

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Have some consideration for the Comodo staff who have been working hard. A lot of research and development goes into the product, lots of money invested. And the staff for all their hard work, require an income and have bills to pay.

Meanwhile, the people 'complaining', how much $$ they put into the program?

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hello Kas;

I had the exact problem a few days ago.
    After numerous unsuccessful attempts to update, I uninstalled the antivirus component, rebooted, then reinstalled the antivirus component and all was well.

I have no idea why the problem occurred. Every firewall setting I tried (including turning the firewall off) had no effect. I do know the inability to update was preceeded by several extremely slow updates, each taking over ten minutes.

Hopefully, this problem won't re-surface.

4. khagaroth

khagaroth Registered Member

This was fixed few days ago (with def. update 771), try to run Miscellanous->Diagnostics and then try to update your definitions, it will require a restart. If the update fails, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the antivirus module.

5. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi Guys.

This is a bug, I don't know but from what I understand, there was a recent definition update that asks you to reboot to fix some AV Updating problems and improve it. After that, When you reinstall CIS, the AV "is not initializing" - This is the most common scenario anyway since this issue seems like a recent one and not a long-period one. The bug report is here: http://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus..._not_initialized_merged_threads-t30667.0.html

Many people have reported it, And Melih has passed it on to the dev guys. it's just a matter of time when the developers look at it and fix it. Thanks.

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

For future reference you can save your rules by going into 'Miscellaneous' then 'Manage my configurations',then just import them back into the fresh install to save a lot of effort.

7. Saraceno

All ok Kas. :thumb: I just finished work, was in a bad mood! ;)

8. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Gerronya sport,

I never thought you Aussies did any work - just idled your time away surfing and boozing.

Keep swaffing the XXX and counting the corks on yer hat.

Have a Happy Christmas in that glorious hot sunshine of yours. We have rainy, mediocre weather here, not the snow scenes shown on the Xmas cards - that`s history.

KAS
    :D

9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol we had like 15cm of snow where i am :D

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Likewise here in Hogtown. :ouch: :D

snowbound

11. Saraceno

Maybe it's the two hour lunches I'm taking and the late starts that keep me working back. ;)

Hey, aren't our coldest winter days, where we might wear a long sleeved shirt, the same as your hottest summer days where you have the old budgie smugglers on? :D

And all this talk of snow, never seen it before. Closest thing are the ice cubes in the freezer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.