Comodo and Proxomitron

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Seishin, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seishin

Seishin Registered Member

I have noticed that Proxomitron is acting as server (amongst other appointments like my AV and my browser) when I connect to the Internet.

Do I allow Comodo to do this?

Thx guys.

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I don't use Comodo but am a long time user of Proxomitron, using it with Kerio 2.1.5. Are the requests for server rights on port 53 and is the IP your DNS server? Other than DNS, I haven't seen Proxomitron needing server permission.
    Rick

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

The alert "act as server" for Proxo will be due to the inbound connections needed from the localhost(127.0.0.1).

4. test4

test4 Registered Member

I also use Proxomitron and Comodo.
    There was a program that slipped through Proxomitron\connected to the internet without Comodos permission. It turned out this happened because "Skip loopback UDP connections" was enabled by default.
    So, you might want to disable that (although there will be more "useless" alerts afterwards, for example clicking on a link in the "About" window of a program).

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This is one of the problems when using a local proxy (such as Proxo), as any application that can gain access to the localhost, can gain access to the proxy. Tight rules should be put in place to ensure prompts are given for localhost access when using such a setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.