COMODO and Firefox

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WilliamP, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have Ver. 3 and tried to update FF to 2.0.0.12. It locked up my computer. I booted to my secondary snapshot[FDISR] . Then I updated my primary from the secondary and tried again. Locked it again. I finally exited Comodo then it downloaded.

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

I had no issues downloading Firefox 2.0.0.12 at all using Comodo. Are you using a download manager or Flashgot plugin for Firefox? Firefox is on the whitelist so its a trusted program. Make sure Firefox is trusted in the firewall settings and D+ settings. Where did you download the update from? I downloaded it from Majorgeeks.com with no trouble.

3. WilliamP

I clicked on Help, Check for Updates. I don't have any add ons except NoScript.

4. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

I clicked on Help, Check for Updates, and no problems here.

5. WilliamP

I think that I may know the problem. I have SSM Pro. on my machine. I know that I'm not supposed to . That is why I am running the Firewall with Leak protection. I have a lifetime license for SSM and at this time would rather keep it. But I love Comodo and other than this one problem,there hasn't been any other issues. I will just have to remember to exit one or the other before installing something.

6. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Comodo 3 with leak protection is still a fairly comprehensive HIPS. It might be better to run D+ in its full force and drop SSM.

7. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

True Diver. No need for SSM when you have Comodo. Thats like running 2 firewalls. It may be conflicting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.