Communication with ESET NOD32 Antvirus kernel failed!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gregor, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregor

Gregor Registered Member

Hi,

I just upgraded to NOD32 v3.0 and when selecting a larger number of files (usually 10 or more) within Windows Explorer and then selecting the NOD32 context menu on-demand scan, I sometimes get the following window popping up preventing the scan from running:

Titel of window: ESET NOD32 Antivirus - Shell Extension Error
    Message within window: Communication with ESET NOD32 Antvirus kernel failed!
    Button: OK

Clicking OK does nothing except for closing the window. No scan is being performed. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes with certain files.

What could cause the problem? Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I just tried this with V.621 and scanned the ESET files, 412 of them in 4 seconds with no crash on XP SP2. Strange. Are you running the latest version?

4. Gregor

Gregor Registered Member

Thanks for the hint. Exactly what I am experiencing.

5. Gregor

Gregor Registered Member

Yes, I am running the latest version. Maybe the depth of the path matters as pointed out in the other thread.

6. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Ok I've retried with a very deep path and can't repeat this error. Maybe an uninstall and fresh download/install is in order? That's how I upgraded from the previous build.

7. Gregor

Gregor Registered Member

For now, I went back to NOD32 v2.7 where I don't have this error. I will try again in a couple of weeks with a fresh install. Maybe it will work then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.