Command to Start/Stop the Virtual System Mode

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Dennis Ko, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Ko

Dennis Ko Registered Member

Dear Sirs,

I am using the Returnil System Safe 2011 on Windows XP/7 and would like to write a .bat file to do the following files update automatically. Other than the use of GUI interface to stop and start the Virtual System mode manually, can I use the command line to do so? If so, what is the command syntax to prepare in my .bat file?

Thank you so much for your help. :)

Dennis

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Dennis,
    The cammand line for remotely activating the virtual mode or other options in the software are not available in the free versions.

Mike

3. Dennis Ko

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

We have the paid license on the Virtual System Safe. Could you tell how could I make it?

Thank you so much for your sincere help. :-*

Best regards,
    Dennis

4. Coldmoon

Hello Dennis,
    Apologies for the delayed reply. I have an inquiry into the development team on this specifically (Ref: command line op via .bat/command line) but this may be a security related issue that was resolved via remote management through console and not for general use of the software.

The settings CAN be set via file when the software is first installed, but this is not the same as the scenario you are asking about (ref: remote preferences during distribution in a network via PARAM file).

Do you need a Returnil Commander account for remote management in the interim?

Mike

5. Dennis Ko

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I have checked many forum area but did not find the reference of "command line op via .bat/command line" and "remote preferences during distribution in a network via PARAM file". Could you mind to post me the article links to me?

If possible, I would like to request a Returnil Commander account for remote management for the interim use and develop my future technical planning.

Thank you so much for your valuable information. :D

Best regards,
    Dennis

6. Coldmoon

Hi,
    The titles were not for articles per se, but for the development team to aid them with identifying the core of the questions presented. I discussed this issue with the lead this morning and he confirms that client security is the reason that command line operation of the software is not supported via bat or other local approaches.

To set up the Returnil Commander console account, we need you to send us an e-mail at support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with the following information:

1. Name of the administrator who will manage your distribution
    2. valid company contact e-mail address for #1
    3. The license Number (product key) for your clients that will be remotely managed through the RC

Mike

7. Dennis Ko

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your proactive help and reply. :D

Warmest regards,
    Dennis

8. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Please accept my apologies for posting here.Nice to see returnil is still going strong,I havent used this in quite a while and its a great program.
    Is it still being supported as i notice the website says returnil 2011.?
    Many thanks.

9. Coldmoon

Hi Beethoven1770,
    Yes we are still here and still supporting all versions. We are working towards the release of the next generation (v4x) in the near future. The delay has been primarily due to a redesign and testing of the virtualization.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.