Command line switches

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Logan5, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hi,

Just upgraded to v2.5 and was following Blackspear's guide to Extra settings for Nod32 v2.5 - revised 16-05-2005.

I am using his suggested lines of:

C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+
    /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

And I am wondering can you just put in C:\ to have it scan the entire hard drive (I only have 1) just as it would it you ran a manual scan using the "Run NOD32" button? Or how would you list the command line if you simply wanted NOd32 to run a full scan at a certain time?

Also can someone explain the use of "In-depth analysis" and when/why you would use it over the normal "Run NOD32".

Thanks
    Logan

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, if you follow the screenshots in that thread (Extra Settings for Nod32) and place in the command line that you posted above, it will scan your entire C Drive at maximum settings on a certain day at a predetermined time.

“In depth analysis” runs a maximum strength scan, but prompts for actions upon detection of infections. If you click on “In depth analysis” and then stop the scan, you can check out what settings are used.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

3. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Blackspear,

Are you saying I can just put in C:\ and that would scan my entire C Drive at maximum settings? Sorry just not sure what you are saying in your reply.

Thanks
    Logan

4. Blackspear

No, in order to scan you entire C Drive with maximum scan settings you must follow the screenshots from post number 70 and onwards here, and enter the following:

C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

5. 43234

43234 Guest

What mean command scanner?

Does it mean that I can load DOS and scan with NOD32 in case it already been installed on tha tsystem?

If so do I go to c:\programfiles\eset\nod32.exe and than type command?

6. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Blackspear,

OK I see now. Leaving the command line as I originally posted will do the job. I did go through the entire 4 pages of your "Extra settings for Nod32 v2.5 - revised 16-05-2005".

One last question I have - I did not set it to automatically delete but to prompt for an action. I did this for each and every setting in each module (AMON, DMON etc...). Would this greatly reduce the effectiveness of your extra settings? Is there any harm in not setting it to delete?

Thanks
    Logan

7. Blackspear

Prompt is fine. I just like things as automated as possible, and quarantine is there as a backup.

8. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Blackspear,

Thanks again for your help. Now that I see how you can use quarantine as a backup I may go ahead and change my settings to your recommended "auto delete".

Logan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.