Command AV questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Meltdown, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meltdown

Meltdown Guest

Does anyone know if you can download a trial version of Command AV for Windows? I've looked around http://www.authentium.com, but it seems you can't try before you buy.

My second question is does CAV have incremental updates for virus definitions?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can get a trial here
    and you can purchase command for $19.95 here

the updates are not huge like some av's they just load the new defs not the whole thing over and over.

3. sard

sard Registered Member

4. bigc73542

5. Meltdown

Meltdown Guest

Thanks, that's good news.

Unfortunately none of the above links worked - they all want usernames and passwords, i.e. for people who have already paid for Command.

A bizarre approach to marketing, you can trial every other AV. OK, it's only 20 bucks, and I've read good things about it on Wilders, but don't really like the idea of buying sight unseen...

6. bigc73542

The link in my last post does not ask for a user name and password it supplies one so you can download the trial, when the box comes up (see screen shot) click ok to download the trial.

Attached Files:

7. Meltdown

Meltdown Guest

Um... is there something I'm missing? Because when I click on the OK button, all I get is another box that wants a username and password. So:

Username: homeuser, password: leave blank, result:the box pops up again. Username: homeuser, password: homeuser, result: ditto.
    Username: homeuser, password: for ****'s sake work!, result: ditto ad infinitum.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

9. Meltdown

Meltdown Guest

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.