Comfort Mode?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by okcnhra, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okcnhra

okcnhra Registered Member

I've used the trial version tonight and it's gone very well... Have a couple of questions for some of the older users here:

Small office, three Dell computers on P2P network and want some comfort as to backup. I worry about fire and theft along with HD failure. Each computer has a duplicate harddrive (SATA's), same spec, etc....For external backup, have two Maxtor USB2 120gig external harddrives which leave the office and we alternate those.

Want to "mirror" each machine daily to the duplicate harddrive and then use external backups weekly.

My goal for the externals are to be able to replace a machine (or failed harddrive) and clone the virgin machine/drive back to the failed machine/drive status -- quickly... with minimal WINXP PRO hassles or reinstallation hassles.

From what I've read, appears I can do daily incrementals to the internal duplicate drives (to safeguard failure) and weekly full backups to externals for fire/theft.

Restoration of an image does make bootable drive doesn't it?

Should I be doing "image" backups by partition or "clone drive" backups?

Any hints / tips or mis-direction here on where I'm trying to head?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Oh....and can this be automated by command line (bat file) or do I have to work inside the "scheduling" portion of the program?

Thanks...

okcnrha

"If you can turn the car, you're not going fast enought..."

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello okcnhra,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

If you restore the image of the whole drive you will be able to boot from it. It means that you have to create the image of the whole disk (not single partition) as well.

As a back up strategy I would recommend imaging rather than cloning at least because you cannot schedule disk cloning. Cloning the disk is used when you transfer your system to a newer disk.

You may schedule back up creation in any way you need. Please read the User's Guide (Chapter 9) for more details. If you schedule the task you don't need to create any additional bat files.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.