Come here if you never get infected

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Doraemon, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Configuring a super protected system that never gets infected is one thing. Optimizing such a system to be as light and as minimally intrusive as possible, and then keeping it up-to-date is a separate matter. I think lots of us are here for that latter goal.

Also, I think a lot of us do get infected because we've sacrificed some security for better performance, but have virtualizers, backup/imaging software, and recovery media in place to deal with those infections. Learning about these programs and how to use them optimally is another reason I'm here.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I pretty much only use an AV (most of the time) and haven't been infected in a long time. Tried anti-executables, virtual software, HIPS, sandboxes, behavior blockers, etc and they ended up just being a PITA for me.

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Remember how I said I am never infected, well I got infected last night with a new TDl3 sample. So yeah at times you need those Sandboxing/Hips programs because I was hit with it via a drive by exploit on IE.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Wich both Panda and Mbam didn't detect I suppose?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

This was my other machine which was just running Panda Cloud, it's an old machine though and Panda was really the only product that does not slow it down. On the good side Panda Blocked the FakeAV so my parents only had to worry about a rootkit. The odd thing was other then the core .sys rootkit non of the malware dropped .exe files.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

You know what?
    Remember the laptop i was fixing a few days ago...
    guess what, it had OVER 300 VIRUSES, Panda Cloud AV removed 300 infections and Emsisoft Anti Malware caught 290 (i scanned with Panda then Emsisoft)

~ Snipped as per TOS ~ i can't believe that pc was still working :blink: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  7. PunchsucKr

PunchsucKr Registered Member

Well i never get infected by myself but i do get a dose of that infected feeling every 4 or so months by the n00bs that are my sis and bro :D, as can be seen from some of the threads i've started here.

but after applocker and the other steps i've applied now i doubt i'll ever be infected again. :)

cheers!

8. icr

icr Registered Member

I was never infected unknowingly:) Otherwise I infect my computer almost often for testing:)

9. muf

muf Registered Member

Not infected for over 10 years. I'd like to keep it that way too! They have tried. The famous KAV squeal made me jump through my roof on many an occasion. For the last 18 months I've not used an AV resident although I have used Prevx in evaluation mode for those 18 months(is that a record?). I still scan monthly with KAV and SAS but nothing doing, and I'm very happy with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.