Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by El Retardo, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Retardo

El Retardo Guest

Is there any way to add custom color schemes to RegDefend?

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I'm thinking of adding this ability to the next version, though it is quite a time consuming process due to the amount of colors which need to be added. What color scheme did you have in mind? (I'm also adding a few new ones myself, so some input is nice :) )

3. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

I dont think this is bery important personally but would it be possible to have a theme to match windows xp? You know...make it look like part of windows itself?

4. Xmen

Xmen Guest

Regdefend is still alive I hope?

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Why wouldn't it be Xmen? :)

New version of RegDefend will be out soon, its entering the final testing phases. It has been nearly completely rewritten. :)

6. El Retardo

El Retardo Guest

Thanks for asking. I'm all about usability, so I'd like something plain and easy to use. A scheme that matched "Windows Classic" (not Windows XP Luna) would be great. But as long as it had good contrast and was generally easy on the (aging) eyes, I'd be happy with it.

7. rickontheweb

rickontheweb Registered Member

Personally I really like the color option ability in RegDefend. Allowing some simple prebuilt color choices is a great compromise without adding the complexity of skinning. You'd be suprised how important "looks" and first visual impressions are for many people in an application. As far as how security apps look, I'll take brawn over beauty any day, so color choice is definately not a deal breaker for me. But I do skin my OS and appreciate some basic options.

I like Kegel's idea of adding the basic blue, olive and silver/gray color choices of XP's default themes to make it feel more integrated. I'm looking forwards to the next version, really more for the new features than color options, but I do use the feature. So far I like my Dark Sugar. ;)

8. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

Any chance of bringing back the floating ghosts - at least in a small way? I kinda miss 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.