Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Vietnam Vet, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi,

Installed new version(2.100) of Port Explorer on this 98SE system. Whenever I close the app down, it does not remember the window size. I have to maximize the window each time I restart the app.

Also, regarding the color schemes, are the previously released schemes supposed to work with this version of Port Explorer? If so, I have a problem. They have no effect on this system. When one of those schemes is merged, it adds the info to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch of the registry, but the new version saves its info to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER branch. If I manually edit the registry in the proper location, then the color change, for example, for the background color does change.

Did not do any other experimentation, but I am guessing the saved info location is probably the source of both problems on this system. Minor problems of no real importance, but would like to know if this is a problem on my system, or if it is just the way this new version currently works?

Thanks in advance,
    VV

2. Vietnam Vet

Hmmm, was it something I said? :blink: :p ;)

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Forgot about the colour schemes, thanks ;) will have to change that..

Ok done, just re-download and they now edit HKCU instead of HKLM

4. Vietnam Vet

Thanks for the information, Gavin. Will redownload in the a.m.

VV

5. Vietnam Vet

Gavin,

Perhaps I misunderstood something. I logged into my members area page and redownloaded the schemes. Nothing is changed in the zip file I got.o_O

In the meantime, I went ahead and edited the individual color scheme reg files to point to the proper location in the registry and everything is working fine here.:)

Just mentioning this in case something happened to your upload of the changed scheme files, or, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    VV

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

It should be right.. I'll fix it within the next few minutes if there is a problem. Just checking the links in the members area first :)

7. Vietnam Vet

Hi,

Ok, went back and redownloaded again. All is well in this little corner of the world, now. Thank you!

VV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.