Collecting information from multiple ESET RA servers

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by rjch_au, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjch_au

rjch_au Registered Member

I work for an IT company that manages IT for around 100 clients. Most of these are now using ESET for AntiVirus and we face a constant battle in monitoring which workstations have stopping reporting, which have been replaced without antivirus being reinstalled and so on.

Management has taken the approach of selling each client their own ESET license and ESET RA is installed at each client's site using their own license, so centrally managing clients only goes so far as the site level. Previously I've looked at setting up a central ESET RA server that each sub-server replicates to, but this doesn't work since we can't load multiple licenses onto this central server.

Is there a supported way for us to be able to retrieve the list of clients from each site along with basic information - IP address of each client, what update they're running, when they last connected to ESET and ideally the list of computers ESET RA believes is on site?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you looked into using MSP version of the ESET Remote Administrator software? That should allow you to manage all of the clients from a central location.

Further information can be found on the ESET Partner Program information page (and, in particular, the ESET Managed Service Provider Program brochure [PDF, 209KB]).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. rjch_au

I know management initially rejected the plan to use a single license that we would then resell to other clients. I could approach them again regarding this, but without detailed information (which the PDF you linked to does not supply) on how much this would cost, whether we can manage sites that are already using their own ESET license and the like, I'm not going to get very far.

Additionally, all this information appears to be US centric - going so far as to say that support based in San Diego is available. Unless there is an Australian equivalent to the program, this is unlikely to be received well.

4. agoretsky

Hello,

Oops, I did not notice that you were in Australia when I replied.

It is a new offering from ESET, so it may or may not be available there yet, but if you contact ESET's Australian distributor for details I am sure they can tell you what the current status and availability is of the program in your region.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

You should be able to ask the regional distributor for a 'merge_all' licence file which will allow you to then mix the different licence files that you need to upload to your central ERA server.

6. rjch_au

Thanks for the suggestion, but given we manage something like 60 or 70 licenses that all expire at different times, we will have a dozen or so expiring each month.

I'll contact ESET Australia and ask about the ESET Managed Service Provider program. The PDF does make it sound almost ideal for us.

7. rjch_au

ESET Australia have indicated that they have no intention of supporting the MSP program anytime soon. Is the MSP going to be rolled out to all countries eventually, or does it depend on the reseller in question?

8. agoretsky

Hello,

Eventually the service will be made available to all distributors, however, distributors have some flexibility in deciding what products and services they wish to offer in their territory, based on their assessment of the market.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.