Code5

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wargold, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wargold

wargold Guest

Every time I try to update I get a code 5 error.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi wargold,

I'll have to make several assumptions here since you didn't say. I'm thinking this is SpywareBlaster that you are talking about, and this error is because you have an older program version (not the current v2.6.1)... When you try to run the updater it points you to Javacool's website saying to download the new version, but when you try to run that you get this error: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is denied. "

If all this is true then see this post from Javacool on this:

SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

The first item in there describes this. What you need to do is download the new version of SpywareBlaster - saving the install kit to your disk. Then reboot your system. Don't run SpywareBlaster itself after rebooting, just run the newly downloaded install kit you saved on disk above.

"Error Code 5" means SpywareBlaster has a file locked and it can't upgrade without first rebooting the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.