Code 5

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Barbara Nichols, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I tried to update and was told to go to www.wilderssecurity.net/spyblaster.html when I tried to download it says I can't some file failed code 5.
    What does that mean and what can I do to download the update?
    Thank you,
    Barbara

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Are you saying that while trying to click on the download link and saving the new SpywareBlaster install file to your system you got the error code 5? Or did that happened when you tried to actually run the install?

Error code 5 is described here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

And it generally happens when something has locked SpywareBlaster. The tip is to reboot your system and run the installer once the PC is done rebooting. (Don't open the SpywareBlaster application itself from your Start menu, just execute the new downloaded installer kit.)

Edit: Also, more information here from spy1:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13679

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Here's the scoop! When updating SpywareBlaster by clicking on the link provided on the thread, I kept getting the following message:
    "Error occurred while trying to replace file.
    Delete file failed, Code 5
    Access Denied".

Made several attempts, same message. Problem solved by doing a Google search for SpywareBlaster and from the website, I downloaded the updated version without a hitch, did the update and all is running smooth as silk! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.