cME Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gthomas, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthomas

gthomas Registered Member

Anyone having any difficulty with Acronis Workstation 3718 working on drives with the cME partition? I have three machines with Acronis reporting sector errors on exactly the same sectors on all machines. I believe it is tripping over the cME partition which is not a Windows partition. It is used to store recovery information and is a Phoenix BIOS thing. Acronis refuses to run without hitting Ignore All a couple of times and this won't work on a scheduled backup.

2. gthomas

Problem solved. I removed the Phoenix BIOS cME partition and all problems went away. Apparently Acronis cannot understand that partition.

3. bsplhcb

bsplhcb Registered Member

I am having same problem, exept I recovered from a failing drive and was unaware of the Phoenix/cME partition thing. I was then getting sector errors after restore. I was hesitant to delete this hidden partition because Twinhead the laptop mfg stated that the system may not boot if I do. From what I was able to dicern was that the cME partition was something like Acronis but built into the BIOS. I'm still not 100% sure about this. Can anyone confirm is deleting this hidden partion will have any ill effects?

4. gthomas

No problem here when I deleted it and Phoenix even gave me the instrustions to do it. It has no bearing on booting the drive. You can kill it.:rolleyes:

5. bsplhcb

bsplhcb Registered Member

How did you delete the partition. I cannot delete it via Windows Disk Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.