clunky awful software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sluggoaudio, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggoaudio

sluggoaudio Guest

Many complaints... first of all the general tone of the program is English as a second language... the Wizards make no sense. I finally managed to make a backup to a new disk... but when I tried to schedule a regular backup, it asked for a password. Which one? I had to request 3 new passwords before I could register the software. Which one does the program want? And why should a simple process like scheduled backup be password protected? Huh? I fear this is $50 pissed off. I'm afraid I'm going to have to spend another $50 for Norton Ghost.

2. webdev1

webdev1 Guest

The more I am reading here the more I am starting to get the same feeling. Why on earth is a BETA product released commercialy?

Why doesn't the Acronis web site, (which is where I bought my copy from just today - before even knowing about this forum), not have a warning stating that this product is faulty & that you are better off buying version 8 (which wasn't an option on the web site).

I am really worried that if I proceed with a backup of my whole HDD, (which is the sole reason I bought it), that it either will be faulty, screw-up my newly set-up system, or the backup image won't restore properly.

Apart from Microsoft releasing dud products for consumers to report bugs I honestly didn't know that companies could be so insensitive to their customers.

This is a backup product - if it doesn't do that & do it well then its nothing but a lemon!!

3. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Well version 8.0 is certainly no lemon (it works great and I love it) and given time version 9 hopefully won't be one either. Anyone that bought version 9.0 should be allowed to download, register and use version 8.0 for free until the problems with 9.0 have been sorted out. Version 8 has been a marvellous program for me beating Ghost hands down as far as I'm concerned and I didn't jump in and buy version 9.0 because 8.0 does everything I need it to do and does it well. I will probably buy version 9.0 when the problems are sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.