CLSIDs Needed

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lschmidt, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lschmidt

lschmidt Registered Member

Does anyone know the CLSIDs for something called Statcounter? So I can put
    them in Spyware Blaster's Custom Blocking feature.

2. firefoxguy

firefoxguy Guest

Er..what? Statcounter is a web-based counter that puts some javascript,images etc on a page. Just block it with a hosts file, adblock ,proxomitron etc..

Its doesnt use a activex control.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

So we can possibly answer fully....what brings you to the question concerning Statcounter....are you receiving an alert of some kind....is it showing up in some form of scan ?

Along with what firefoxguy said....Statcounter is listed in a number of programs individuals use such as Hosts file, IE's Restricted Sites Zone entries....etc.

4. james232

james232 Guest

Looks like he just wants to block it.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Possibly....so perhaps you can share with lschmidt how they can block it with a clsid or is that all you have figured out so far....that they want to block it ?

6. james232

james232 Guest

Is it me, or are you kind of hostile?

The responses above adequately highlight how to handle a simple web counter.

I figure Ishmidt had the (mistaken) impression that you needed to enter the CSLID to block it. It doesn't of course.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Quite the contrary....and appologize if my comments came across that way.

Oh I agree....but unfortunately in the very recent threads where lschmidt has asked about "Statcounter"....I and others have attempted to convey this to lschmidt in the best way we know how....even with simple comments similar to yours. I reckon this boils down to the ole saying...."you can lead them to water....yada yada"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.