Cloud Security. I do not like Boxcryptor.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by an2tex, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I used Cloudfogger - and it is a very fine cloud security service.

But they no longer support it and I felt in case something goes weird I would have some trouble not finding any support.

So I re-tried Boxcryptor, and I really did not like it at all.

There are some alternatives - but I would not trust them.

Now - my question is, there are many online secure backup alternatives. But are these designed in such a way that they are stored in the cloud encrypted, but anyone having access to my online password immediately accesses the decrypted files?

Or are there any of these such as the one I want: online password does not decrypt the files, but I would need my own separate key on the computer that allows decryption.

I do not want online password to give the possibility to access to decrypted files.

Are there any solutions, a reliable Boxcryptor alternative, or a secure cloud that is the type I look for?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

Thanks.

I saw

http://www.secured-cloud-drive.com/

before,

But can we trust them? I mean the company and the software? Can it be the weakest ring of the chain - while we try to encrypt, nobody sees them - but the secured cloud owners?

I am asking because Alexa ranking is too low.

It appears as an alternative to cloudfogger and boxcryptor. However - what concerns me is the trustworthiness of the author and the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.