Close Program = Off?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Pilotwings64, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilotwings64

Pilotwings64 Registered Member

When I start returnil, it's status is "OFF". There is no option to turn it off though. So, when I turn it on, is closing the program the same as turning it off, even though when I open it back up the status is still, "On"?

I basically want to have the changes made while returnil was "On" to be applied to my hard drive.

2. Pilotwings64

Pilotwings64 Registered Member

I tested this out by closing the returnil program, installing a program, and then restarting the computer. The program was not there.

So, once you've turned returnil on, how do you turn it off without restarting it?

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Pilotwings64 and welcome to the forums :)

Yes, this means the virtualization (System Safe) is turned off and that any changes you make are being made to the real hard drive. It is also the default setting when you first install RVS.

preferences > System Safe TAB

Uncheck the option to "Enable System Safe when I start Windows". When you restart your computer, the virtualization will be off (tray icon is green and shows "OFF")

No, exiting the program interface has no effect on the state of the virtualization.

You can use the File Manager (home > Tools > File Manager) to list the files you want saved to disk. Once on the list, simply click the option in the file manager itself or in the right click menus of the tray icon and toolbar to save the list items to disk.

home > Tools > Access Real Disk TAB

This is a more advanced type of feature that allows you to move files between the real and virtual systems. One example of its use might be if you had started to edit a document while virtualized and then accidentally deleted it. You could then use the ARD to copy the original document from the real disk and start over with your editing without loosing the entire document.

RVS is doing exactly as designed

For the steps, see above. You can turn the RVS virtualization on without a restart of the computer, but you can't turn it off without a restart.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.