Cloning Problems TI 11.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kkester, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkester

kkester Registered Member

I have an older machine (XP Professional) with a very full 20GB HD that I need to clone/upgrade. I bought and downloaded the most recent version of TI 11.0 today. My new 80GB HD is currently connected via USB. In using the automatic cloning process, all goes well until I get to the screen that asks for the (new) destination drive. My new drive is listed. I click on it and select "Next." Unfortunately, nothing happens and within a minute or so, the "Next" button is again available to be clicked. What is wrong?

2. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

Have you tried to just copy anything to the new drive to see if it works at all?
    Are there any entries in the TI log as to what happened?
    Try doing a backup of some sorts to the drive just to see if that works.
    You say its connected via USB at the moment, is it an internal or external drive?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kkester,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try connecting the new drive internally (or at least using a shorter cable/rear USB port).
    Please also try performing the operation using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If the issue persits, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. kkester

kkester Registered Member

I removed my other USB hard drive. Once I did this, I was able to run the cloning process without difficulty. Everything worked fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.