Cloning Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mnd12345, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnd12345

mnd12345 Registered Member

I have two disks the same size. I cloned one onto the other using True Image 10. I then disconnected the source disk and connected up my new cloned disk...nothing. It says files missing and won't boot up. Any ideaso_O I was hoping to clone a spare disk so that I could just swop them over in the event of a failure. Both disks are Sata 2 and I am running VIsta. Many Thanks.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

mnd12345:

Was the error "Winload.exe is missing or corrupt"?

If so, the reason is because TI 10 does not automatically fix the Vista BCD after a restoration. Here is how you can work around the problem.

1. Reinstall your original source disk and boot from it
    2. Make the changes described in the first post in this article. These changes will "generalize" your BCD so that Vista can boot correctly even if the partition is moved or relocated.
    3. Repeat the clone operation
    4. Remove the original disk and substitute the clone in its place

Now it should work. TI version 11 or later will automatically fix the BCD but TI 10 does not.

3. mnd12345

mnd12345 Registered Member

Thanks Mark...That was the problem however the fix is a bit beyond me!!! Many thanks for the help though.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

OK. Another option for you is to download the trial version of TI Home 2009 and try again. If it works for you then you could consider upgrading to this latest TI version.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mnd12345,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

The issue concerning “Winload.exe is missing or corrupt” after cloning Windows Vista was resolved in the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. You can check the build number in Help -> About, then download the latest build from your account on our web site.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.