Cloning problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dana Tilmant, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dana Tilmant

Dana Tilmant Registered Member

I have made my first clone everything went well, I thought, after the clone was complete it shut down my system then I disconected the old drive and tried to use the new one and the system starts to boot and the a dos sections appears with the Windows 2000 up top before the login screen comes up. It Acronis trying to Analyze partitions; then it Errors out after a few minutes and gives this message.

ERROR: unable to read disk 1 sector 157932907 ( retry, Ignore, ignore all)

I have tried the retry, not sure what will happen with ignore. Is the clone not good, and if so can I reclone on the drive or is there somthing else that need to happen before I can reclone on this drive??

Both drives are SATA, I am running W2K with sp4 and lastest updates

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

You should state what version of Acronis (and build number) you used. In any case try using the "Prepare New Drive" feature and re-do the cloning.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dana,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please create Bootable Rescue CD and perform the disk cloning process when booted from this CD. See if the problem still persists.

Please note that there is no need to prepare (format or partition) the destination hard drive for cloning, since all the data and partitions on this drive will anyway be overwritten with the ones from the source drive.

If the problem still persists then please keep the non-booting destination hard drive connected and create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download Acronis Report Utility and run it only other healthy PC;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please also find the full version name and build number as it is shown here.

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.