Cloning Inquiry

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hagman00, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hagman00

hagman00 Registered Member

I'm currently looking for a solution for cloning 1 hard drive to multiple hard drives used in other computers. This will help us in our training center for keeping the multiple computers we run during classes all the same.

All the computers are run on the same hardware and software configurations at the moment, but one of them keeps crashing. I'd like to find a software that can clone a single HD and will allow me to move it over to another computer to replace a crashed HD.

Any information would be grateful.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

What you need is to create an Image (not a Clone) of a good drive on to an external USB drive. Then the Image can be Restored to another drive when needed. But the hardware on the computers must be identical to the last "nut and bolt" otherwise it may not work.

3. hagman00

hagman00 Registered Member

The hardware is not an issue since each pc was built identically. We run a training facility for Photoshop and CorelDraw. Everyone has the same equipment to work with.

I'll take a look at doing a master image for all the PC's in the facility. Thanks for the information.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I used to be in charge of a training facility, now a long time ago, and we used Ghost well before Symantec got a hold of it, to do this function. Nothing special about Ghost other than it was about the only game in town then.

Even though all the machines were the same hardware, they did have some customization in the form of student account names, computer names which identified the owner of the printout on the queued printer etc.

We had a base image for each machine on a server rather than a one-size fits all. The base image was downloaded to the machine before each course started. Was a godsend to the trainers since students have a habit of trying to make things better or prettier during a course and leave the machine in a mess. Trainers like to say things like "click the purple icon at the top" and don't like hearing "all I have are pink ones" thanks to the previous student.

We also had some different base images depending on the course being taught.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hagman00,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to use Acronis Snap Deploy.

Acronis Snap Deploy allows you to create an exact disk image of the standard configuration, including the operating system and all applications and then it can deploy that image to multiple systems simultaneously.

Please download Acronis Snap Deploy trial version at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/snapdeploy/ in order to see how the program works.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis Snap Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.