Cloning a Windows/Mac dual boot drive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by theconfused1, Apr 14, 2015.

1. theconfused1

theconfused1 Registered Member

Is there any way with any Paragon software to clone an entire hard drive that has 2 partitions?

One is NTFS that loads Windows 7, the other partition is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) that runs Mountain Lion.

I need to replace my hard drive and looking for some kind of method that can backup the full drive, including MBR. I've read through the manual, searched through the knowledge base and searched the forum, but I can't seem to find anything.

Please help.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. theconfused1

Hi - thank you but that thread is a different scenario - they had a data drive and no OS. My dilemma is that I have a dual boot with 2 differing Operating Systems and I need to be able to copy both of them including the MBR. Thoughts?

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What they recommended should still be good for that, namely Aomei Backupper, Macrium Reflect, etc.

Once again, make a sectors by a sector image just in case. Also you may, backup all data and try a test restore if possible.

5. theconfused1

Thanks for the quick reply, those appear to be Windows only software though. Any recommendations on something that could work with both Mac and Windows?

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Just boot from the rescue media. It might work within Windows, but no guarantees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.