Cloning a DL380

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dxthomas, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dxthomas

dxthomas Registered Member

I am trying to copy the contents of one Compaq DL380 to another very similarly configured DL380, by creating an image from one machine and restoring it to the other. The OS is Win 2003 Server. I have yet to be successful. I get error messages that file xxin the system32 directory is missing or corrupt. The system drive is what I am trying to copy.

Can this be done? If so how?

Thanks,

D Thomas

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Cloning is used for upgrading the existing hard drive to a new one. You need sysprep or universal restore. See the FAQ: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/faq.html.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dxthomas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis company released a special pulg-in for Actonis True Image (Corporate Version) that allows you to restore the system to a different hardware. It is Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore technology provides an efficient solution for hardware-independent system restoration by replacing the crucial HAL and hard disk controller drivers. Acronis Universal Restore does not conflict with Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep). You can find more information on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in the User's Guide for the respective version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.