Clonezilla 2.1.1-25 Released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by TheKid7, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Clonezilla 2.1.1-25 was released:
    http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07837

2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I downloaded the 64 bit, the i686-pae, and the i486 versions. I haven't used them yet, but I always try to stay current with CloneZilla.

As a side note, IMO, since CloneZilla went "visual display" on the copy stage it seems to have slowed the whole process down. On the older commandline versions copying the hard drive was quicker, but now...well, it seems to me to take double the time. But, he's also added some nice other features like checking the copied image to see if it's restoreable.

On the restore phase, though, it's still quite fast.

Later...

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I use an older version of Clonezilla and it already includes the feature of checking the copied image to see if it's restorable :thumb:

4. Trespasser

Alex,
    What's the version number of the one you're using?

Also, are you running 32 or 64 bit? 64 bit is a lot slower than 32 bit. Odd, isn't it? You'd think it would be the other way around.

Thanks. :).

Later...

5. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Can I restore an image which was created using an earlier version of clonezilla using the latest version? I use clonezilla that comes bundled with parted magic.
    Please reply:)

6. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

@Trespasser
    I´ll check as soon as i can and i'll post back.

Edit: The version that shows up in Clonezilla menu is 20110113. I don't know if it's the x32 or the x64 bits version... all i know is that it works like a charm :)

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  7. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

anyone checked if the 64 bit version work on a UEFI + GPT + secure boot system?

8. tlu

tlu Guest

UEFI is supported since Clonezilla live 1.2.12-65 according to the changelog. However, I usuallly use the Ubuntu based alternative version as it contains a newer kernel with probably better support of newer hardware.

@Trespasser: I would always use 32bit or 64bit depending on which Linux version you have installed as you might run into this restore problem if you're using different versions.

9. Trespasser

tlu,
    Thanks for the info, but, actually, I have re-imaged a 64 bit system with a i686 version of CloneZilla, and vice versa. Accidentally, of course. I always attempt to use 64 bit on a 64 bit (i686 on 32 bit) but every "Blue Moon" I do grab the wrong disc. BTW, I use the i486 on a non-pae Sony laptop running a non-pae version of Ubuntu 12.04. I hardly ever use it so the i486 CloneZilla disc is safely buried under a stack of other discs.

Later...

10. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Thanks.
    when secure boot feature is enabled, clonezilla won't boot correctly. Have to disable secure boot in order to use clonezilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.