Cloned new HD not using full disk capacity

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by k6eid, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

I just bought a new 250GB HD yesterday to replace my current 60GB C drive. I cloned it using TI. Once I did this the capacity has been reduced from 250GB to 60GB, eactly equal to the current C drive. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Phil

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Phil,

I seem to recall that if you use the auto option in the clone tool your partition should be automatically resized. If you choose Manual I think you can automatically resize, keep the same, or create new partitions.

Therefore, if you just wanted to use all available space I guess the answer would have been to use automatic.

You may want to check the help.

F.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can create a secure zone onthe clone drive, then remove it and specify to allocate all usable space to the system ("c:") partition.

sh

4. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

I have tried that and am unable to resize it manually or automatically. Whichever I do, the program changes my partition size from 230GB+ to 55GB and leaves the other 175 GB as Unallocated. I sent this note to Acronis Tech Support:

I have a 250GB new HD that I'm trying to install to use as the new boot drive. When I go to Clone and select Automatic, the NTIS [partition size
    (55GB) is exactly the same size as the source disk's. They are NOT resized. Then I try the Manual option and select Delete Partitions (so I can proceed) and Keep Data, then try Proportional ,the original source disk size partition is shown (55GB) with the other 175GB is shown as unallocated. So I go back and select Manual, and select Proceed Relayout, I get the identical thing as Automatic (55GB Primary and 175 GB unallocated. I then select the 55GB partition to resize and the Partition Size selector's arrows are greyed out and I cannot resize the partition (I can move it but it keeps the same 55 GB size). SEE ATTACHED IMAGE. What am I doing wrong? I want to utilize the entire capacity of the new disk and I don't have any partitioning software to change the size outside of TI!

5. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

SH

Thanks I will try that (I am new to this software so hopefully I can figure out how to try the Rescue Zone thing).

Thanks

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.