Cloned Image Not Detected by BIOS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uegis, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uegis

Uegis Registered Member

I recently purchased TI in the hopes of cloning my 60gb IDE HD to a 250GB drive. I installed TI and cloned my old drive to the new unpartitionted drive without any problems.

I disconnected my old drive and hooked up the bigger drive to the primary IDE and tried to boot. The BIOS does not even detect the drive anymore. I have tried messing with the jumper to all possible settings, master, slave etc.

WHat should I do now? i am afraid of hooking up my old drive along with the cloned drive and messing up the lettering of the drives, like everyone says. Is there a way I can safely check my new drive to see if the files are indeed cloned? Pleaes help!

2. caulfiek

caulfiek Registered Member

recable the ide (make sure the red strip is at the correct side of the connector) and check that the molex power cable is inserted fully, sounds like your not getting any power or the ide cable is not in properly?

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

As caulfiek stated, be sure the all cables are fully inserted.
    Also, check your bios settings to make sure the drive recognition is "auto select".

Double check the jumpering on the old drive. If the old drive is jumpered as Master, then jumper the new one as Master, etc. If the old drive is jumpered as Drive Select, then the new must be jumpered as Drive Select. The drives should illustrate the jumper settings. Jumper position varies between manufacturers.

You should use the ribbon cable which came with the new drive. If old drive on the end connector, then new drive should be end connector.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  4. Uegis

Uegis Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply everyone. I tried everything that was mentioned here. I used 3 different IDE cables, including the one that came with the drive. I tried all the different jumper settings (slave, master, cable select, no jumper). It just refuses to recognize it. I am at a lost. Once I disconnect and replace the drive with the old one, everything boots up normal. Any more suggestions?

Again, thanks for the quick responses. Everyone here is awesome!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Uegis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please try to connect this drive to the other computer and see if it will be detected there?

Please also have a look at this page describing some situations why the hard disk does not autodetect in the BIOS setup program.

Please also plug the original hard drive to the computer, then create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Turn off the computer and plug the 250GB drive;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.