Cloned Hard Drive Not Booting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by digitaldiva, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitaldiva

digitaldiva Registered Member

Aloha,
    I used True Image Home 11.0 bootable CD-ROM to clone my old hard drive onto my new hard drive. They are both 80GB Western Digital hard drives, the original is running Windows XP. I kept the same partitions and asked that the original stay the same, no data was erased. Now when I try to boot from the new cloned hard drive I get no boot media found. I verified in the BIOS that I was booting to the correct new hard drive and still I get no bootable device found.

Is it even possible to to boot from a cloned hard drive. I read that would work...
    Any advice would be great. I would be soooo grateful to get this working.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Redo the cloning.
    After cloning and before first bootup, disconnect data cable on old drive.
    Boot to new drive and make sure the proper drive is selected in BIOS.

After a successful boot from the new drive, then you can connect the old drive and should be able to boot from either if BIOS will allow.

3. digitaldiva

digitaldiva Registered Member

you called me out for leaving the old drive in at the first reboot. recloned, booted only the new drive and its golden. Thank you! Mahalo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.