Clone will not boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acronisnumbskull, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acronisnumbskull

acronisnumbskull Registered Member

Hello, I have cloned my HD to an external USB HD with Acronis True Image Home 10 (15 dya trial), but when I try to boot from it I get a black screen with this message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this."
    Then it gives me a choice of trying to boot in Safe mode, Safe mode with networking...ect. But all choices lead to the same message above. Any idea on what I might try? Thanks.

Ps. I did go into BIOS and changed the Hard disk boot priority to boot from the USB HD

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

While your hardware may support booting from a USB drive, Windows XP does not.

3. acronisnumbskull

acronisnumbskull Registered Member

Wonderful, anyway thanks.

4. Peter Ward

Peter Ward Registered Member

According to Microsoft, Windows cannot be booted from a USB drive, but I have found a way around it (or found somebody else who has!).

Check this link http://www.ngine.de/index.jsp?pageid=4176

It describes very clearly how to rebuild a Win XP install disk with USB support. You must then install to your USB drive.

It was a piece of cake and works perfectly.

Pward

5. Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding Registered Member

All that said guys.

I've had the same problem cloning my C: drive and it's hanging just like this guys.

I've tried it on both machines and it won't restore either to the C: drive on a normal image backup. Still get bank screens and hangs.

Personally, I think version 10 is full of issues and bugs and really should not be used.

~Non-support related comment removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.