Clone using 1 floppy disk and ext USB HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jm7, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm7

jm7 Registered Member

Is this scenario possible with Acronis True Image 8? I would like to clone my HD and system from my Thinkpad to a HP Desktop.
    I can see that I can create a bootable rescue media using about 7 diskettes (too cumbersome).
    But there does NOT seem to be a way to create a mix of a bootable floppy and then from there start the restore from an IMAGE stored and created on a USB Ext HD.

Does anyone knwo if GHOST 9 can do this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jm7,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please note that Acronis Bootable Media can be created on a Floppy Disk Drive, CD or USB memory key. To restore your image from USB external hard drive you should boot from Bootable CD, run Restore Image Wizard and select your image archive stored on USB.

Please read the User's Guide of Acronis True Image.

Also I recommend you to create image of your ThinkPad booting in rescue mode or using Microsoft System Preparation Tool.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. jm7

jm7 Registered Member

Thanks Irina,

I have emailed you with My Registration details re: the bootable ISO file.

Thanks for the info about making a USB key the bootable media. I did that successfully.

I wonder how many PCs out there will successfully boot from a USB key. I will have to try it. I will still wait for info on your ISO file I may be better off just downloading it from you rather than have it emailed if it is going to be over 4Mb.

I will also try and make a bootable CD from this USB KEY but I have had trouble making bootable CDs if they are NOT a bootable ISO file image.

Thanks - very interesting program!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

I sent the letter to you. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.