Clone target disk? Pls help save my marriage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AudieChason, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AudieChason

AudieChason Registered Member

I attempted to clone a disk with TI 9. Upon restart, I see the message NTLDR not found. If I look at the source and target disks, both appear to be empty. I guess I probably cloned the target disk instead of the source.

Is there any way to recover from such an incredibly stupid blundero_O

Thanks to anyone who can help--it's my wife's disk and may save my marriage!

Audi

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There are data recovery software available. Do a Google search. In the meantime, do not write anything to the original source drive. The data recovery software I use and like is made by R Tools Tech.

http://www.r-tt.com/

What build of version 9 did you use?

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Do not fool around with so-called data recovery software.
    You can make matters worse.

First, check any prenuptial agreements to determine the risk.
    Then, if you decide that marriage is the type of institution in which you belong, contact a real data recovery service.

Ontrack is likely as good as any.http://www.ontrack.com/.

4. hexmaniac

hexmaniac Registered Member

As long as you have not used the disk, you can recover the partition(s). Acronis Disk Director suite has a partition recovery utility that works fine. HTH.

Ron

5. AudieChason

AudieChason Registered Member

Actually, the frist thing i did was buy Acronis Disk Director to try to recover the partition but it reports none found in easy and advanced mode using the Acronis recovery start up CD.

Thanks nevertheless.

Audie

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Partition Magic also has a partition undelete, but that's not your problem.
    You clobbered the files.

If you have not meesed up the drive in your attemps to recover the files, you MIGHT get lucky using a commercial quality "undelete" software. butt, the ONLY sue way is to pay a data recovery service, I suggest http://www.OnTrack.com/

Butt, you must take care, using an "undelete" tool might cause further damage.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AudieChason,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify whether you have unpluged one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

Please connect only source drive to the computer, try to boot your computer and see whether the problem persists.

Please also connect only target drive and try to boot your computer from it too.

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please keep both source and destination hard drives connected while creating Acronis Report.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.