Clone question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I just have to say , I love this software , Though I'm curious if there a limit as to how many clones can be perform on the same drive ? Thanks

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

What do you mean? A clone is a copy, so technically, it would be one.
    If you are talking about images, then it depends on how big the images are and how big your drive is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I have 2 "WD Raptors" 74gb (WD740GD & WD740ADFD). I've cloned one to the other many times now, and also...used one of the .TIB files I made with one, and put it on the other HD--which is what I'm using right now. So, basically, ...I've not had one single problem with "Cloning", or "Restoring"(a .TIB file) from one HD ...to the other.

I don't think there is a limit as to how many times you can "Clone" to another HD. As long as you're doing it correctly.

4. TerryFox

Hi ... What I mean is what i am doing is cloning my system hard drive with another drive but only using this clone drive for back up purpose only , I am not installing this clone hard drive , There nothing wrong with my system hard drive , So I am basically cloning the drive whenever I do major updating from my system drive , I am just keeping the clone drive for safe keeping , This is why I am asking if there is a limit as to how many times a hard drive can be clone ? Thanks

5. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

You can clone your healthy drive to another healthy drive as many times as you want to.

6. TerryFox

Ok , This is good news then , Though it would be nice if a person from TI would confirm this , Thanks

7. korona

korona Registered Member

Dear Poster,

Yes, you can clone Healthy Drive to Health Drive... and the same for bad drives... always defrag/check disk before cloning and always verify clones and re-clones.

You can make as many clones as you like as long as you have the media to support the desire.

I clone my system at different program installs. My Desktop has about 9 Levels of clones, my laptop has 7-8. When you test software/hardware you will love Acronis even more. My Laptop and Desktop take about 18 hours/each to reconstruct from a fresh install to the last program. So my 15GB OS Drive takes me 12 Minutes to save my bacon.

korona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.