Clone problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by akdn2000, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akdn2000

akdn2000 Registered Member

Hmmmmmm.... strange problem here.

I've successfully cloned my old master (40G Maxtor) to my new slave (120G WD). I then removed the old master and made the slave the new master. The 40G Maxtor is now completely removed from the system.

Now when I reboot the computer (a 2.8GHz P4), the hd won't boot at first. The computer will only boot if I enter BIOS and then exit by rebooting. The computer will then take about 3 minutes before it will boot successfully into XP Pro.

In summary, the computer will not boot the hd from cold start. It fails and asks for a "boot disc to be inserted". Once I enter->exit BIOS it will then boot, but only after 3 minutes.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello akdn2000,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

This is very strange problem especially since your new disk does boot. It means that the transfer was successful and the boot elements were transferred properly as well. Please check whether any changes were made in BIOS after you removed the old hard disk. Also please try to plug the old disk, unplug the new one, boot the computer and see whether the situation is the same.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. akdn2000

akdn2000 Registered Member

ok.... .so with the original HD in place and the new HD removed, the computer boots as it should. When I swap drives, the Cloned drive repeats the same problem. At first I thought it was the BIOS not detecting the new drive, but when I enter BIOS it does have the new drive listed.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello akdn2000,

Please check the way your system determines your hard disk. It should be automatic and there shouldn't be any entries concerning your old disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.