Clone HD failed - cannot start pc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjcuk, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

Using latest v10 to clone hard drive - internal to external via usb which i have done many times before without issue.

After reboot normal checking disk bits scrolled up screen and then went straight to completed!

Rebooted and get message

"Interupted Operation: Insert the recovery CD or other Recovery Media and reboot your pc"

Do not have either of those and cannot therefore get machine to boot. Not very satisfactory.

How can i get machine to boot and get back to normal. At the moment machine is dead and need a quick and easy to perform rescue please?

2. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

How long does it take to get a reply from Acronis here?

I have a machine I cannot start and a HD clone giving exactly same problem.

I need an answer please.

Now waiting 24 hours - have also sent email via acronis site for help - no response.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Suggest you login to your account and complete an Online support request.

4. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

You mean just like I mentioned in the above post !

What I need is a helpful response.

Still no response from Acronis.

5. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

Lack of Acronis Response

How long does it take Acronis to respond to support questions posted here?

I've waited over 24 hours, computer will not boot, MBR has been corrupred by TI10 and cannot be started, clone disk has been similarily corrupted and there is no indication that support at acronis actually exist.

Just a standard autoresponder when submitting message via Account System.

Is it too much to expect help from the maker of software that corrupts your system? I guess it must be.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Re: Lack of Acronis Response

If your using XP this might help you get around the issue http://icrontic.com/articles/repair_windows_xp. If its Vista you may have to try a similar procedure.

7. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

Thanks, I did find that link but it relies upon you having original cd. All of mine is stored on separate partition (it's a Dell) and you don't get media to allow the suggested course of action.

What it really needs is for somebody at Acronis to respond with a solution.

8. thomasjk

You could try downloading TestDisk and using it to rebuild your MBR. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk. Click on the Acronis Support username in any post by Acronis Support and send them a PM with your ticket number. That's one way to get there attention.

9. mjcuk

mjcuk Registered Member

That did it, thank you very much for the suggestion. I had to mount the drive in another pc so that I could access it and it fixed the MBR immediately.

Interestingly, some 4 days after my first post I did get an email message from Acronis suggesting a solution, a lot trickier to follow and it assumed you had the Windows CD (which I had already made clear that I didn't).

I've had a better idea than their one - I've now removed Acronis completely from the system and will find a better more reliable solution.

10. thomasjk

For some reason cloning seems to problematic with TI10 although I've used V9 with no issues. I prefer this approach How to restore to a replacement hard drive. It works well for me and I've never had a restore fail using this approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.