Clone fails - Check Error: Index corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MaxPower, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxPower

MaxPower Registered Member

I've currently got a raid 0 strip with 2 partitions on it. I'm suspecting one of the drives is starting to go bad and I'd like to get the data off ASAP. I've had one chkdsk scan report that data was recovered from bad sectors about 2 weeks ago, at which time I ordered a new hard drive. I'd like to try to clone the two partitions from the raid to a new single hard drive that I've just purchased.

I purchased TI Home 2009, but before I opened it, I downloaded the trial version of TI Home 2009 to make sure that it would work before opening the retail package. At this point, I set up a clone task, but when the machine reboots to perform the task, I'm confronted with the following error while checking indexes:

Check error: index corrupted

I've run chkdsk /r multiple times on the partitions on the raid array, and chkdsk is reporting that they are clean. Why am I still getting this error from Acronis?

I've searched for this problem using google and also in these forums, and I haven't come across any instances of this issue since the 2006 timeframe. Am I doing something wrong here?

I want to make sure that this product is going to work for me before I open the box or my $50 is going to be wasted.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Max

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MaxPower,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Home 2009!

Could you please check the disks using /F parameter?

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r/f"
    where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that
    checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

We suggest to use Acronis Bootable Media to clone disks.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

3. MaxPower

Daniel,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have run chkdsk /r/f on both partitions, which have come up clean the last several times that I ran them; however, I still got the Index corrupted error when attempting to clone from the windows application.

I will attempt to do the clone off the bootable media when I get home from work and see how that goes. I will post back when I have something more to report.

Thanks,
    Max

4. MaxPower

The boot disk still wouldn't let me clone the drive. It claims that there is a corrupted index on my D partition. I've run chkdsk /r/f several times against the drive, which claims to have fixed an issue with an unused index on that drive, but I'm still unable to clone the drive due to the reported index corruption when I attempt to clone it.

Is there anything that you can suggest I use to repair the index problem since it appears that chkdsk isn't doing enough to make TI happy?

Thanks,
    Max

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MaxPower,

I suggest you to contact our Support Service to let us thoroughly investigate this issue. We'll have to collect some diagnostic information from your HDD.

Thank you.

Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.