CLONE "Error: Unable to write disc 2 sector.."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Profitweb, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Profitweb

Profitweb Registered Member

I want to switch out HD to a larger one. Am replacing a Fituji 80gb with a Seagate Momentus 7200.3 320gb.

Everytime Acronis is cloning, it hangs and I get "unable to write disc" error message. Retry, ignore, ignore all don't work. When I turned off XP's System Restore I made it all the way to 25% completion before it stopped. That helped, but I need more!

Many times, I have formatted, partitioned, ran Check Disk, tested new drive, cache is enabled... to no avail. Here's the info:

Model: Dell Latitude D820
    Anti-Virus: AVG 7.5

New hard drive is hooked up externally via a USB. Here is a screen shot of my Disk Management window:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/408/compmgr.png

PLEASE HELP... I'M LOSING MY MIND!!! THANKS!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you have another good hard drive that you can try making an image of your failing drive to? If you get errors during imaging, you may be able to by-pass them and still get a usable image to restore to the new drive.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Profitweb and jmk94903,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Profitweb, which filesystem does your HDD have?

Which exact version of our software are you using?

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and attach the file to your message.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.