Clone Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dedrummond, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedrummond

dedrummond Registered Member

I want to "clone" by existing "C" drive to my "D" drive. Is this correct, source (old) hard disk would by Disk 1 (C drive), and destination (new) hard disk would be Disk 2 (D drive)? I want to keep all data untouched on my C drive. What bothers me, "Old Hard Disk Usage: if you plan to remove your old hard disk drive from your computer..." I want to keep and use my existing C drive, and have destination (new) as a (clone) backup in case of failure of my orginal disk C. Also, "Hard Disk Drives Structure," "Before cloning." and "After cloning" appears to make changes in my drive C. In, short, I need an exact copy of my disk C (operating system, boot etc).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dedrummond,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that there are two approaches available:

Clone Disk - moves the entire contents of one disk drive to another;

Create Image - creates a special archive file for backup and disaster recovery purposes.

Please read more in the following FAQ article.

Clone Disk approach is usually used to upgrade the hard drive (e.g. install a larger disk), while Create Image approach is basically dedicated for the complete data backup and disaster recovery purposes. Since you are interested in backing up your hard drive I would recommend you to follow the Create Image approach.

Please also note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. dedrummond

dedrummond Registered Member

Alexey:

Thank your for your help. Your info is just what I needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.