Clone bootable partitions?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feddup, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I just bought TI 8.0 786 and wanted to experiment a bit. I've got a n Asus P4c800-e deluxe with two sata drives in Raid 0 on the promise controller. I'm about to install two more sata drives on the ICH5R intel controller. TI seems to work on the promise array although I've just explored the images not restored. Has anyone cloned from one array to another? Can you clone a bootable partition on the same physical hard drive (or array). I'd kind of like to have multiple bootable XP partitions to play with then decide which one to keep and image it. I also own partition magic 8.0 (with boot magic) but I'm apprehensive about mixing such programs. I know the questions are a little "out there" but I think after a clean install with no data might be the time to experiment. Imaging has to be tested if you're going to trust it. Any ideas or experiences would be appreciatted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.