Clients not updating

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cmartell, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmartell

cmartell Registered Member

I have recently upgraded to NOD32 BE v3.0.672. I have installed everything according to the manual but clients do not update. They claim to be updating and they claim to be running the latest version but they are running an outdated version of definitions. Three months behind at this point.

If I go to a client and try a manual update it tells me "Update of the virus signature database not necessary. The installed virus signature database is current."

The only anomaly that I can see in the setup is that there is nothing listed in the "Available Versions" section on the mirror.

NOD32 on the mirror is running the current version.

Can anyone help me with this? I have submitted this problem to ESET via the online form on their website three times in the last two months but have not heard anything from them.

2. cmartell

cmartell Registered Member

It looks like I fixed the problem. I deleted everything in the mirror updates folder then performed an update on the server to regenerate the files. After that the clients started updating.

I would still like to know why that was happening though. Originally the update folder contained 1 .ver (10 KB), 1.mod, 1 .xml and 42 .nup files. After the fix the update folder contains 1.ver (5 KB), 1 .mod and 23 .nup files. No xml file.

Do I need that xml file? Should I put it back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.