Clients not reporting to ERAC

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Mike_ENI, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_ENI

Mike_ENI Registered Member

I have a small network with about 30 workstations that I recently did a v2.7 removal and 4.2.x.x install. All the machines in the network show up under the remote install tab.

After getting all the client workstations installed/updated/configured I notice that only about 12 or so are actually reporting back to the RAC under the clients tab.

I did a similar install in a very similar network with about 60 client workstations and every single machine is reporting no problems.

Trying to diagnose what might cause clients to not report to ERAC but found little info via searching the forums.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. It appears that you have about 18 machines that are not able to check in to the RA console. When you entered the primary server, did you specify the hostname or the IP address of the RA server?

If you specified hostname, perhaps there is a DNS issue with the computers that are not checking in to RA. Are you able to ping the hostname of the RA server from those machines?

Are all the workstations on the same subnet? If not, you may have to allow port 2222 through the network appliance that is separating the subnets.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Matt

3. Mike_ENI

Still no luck. I am all on the same subnet, tested ping by name. Double checked the http:blah:2221/update.ver.

I am thinking since this was done manually and was an upgrade from 2.7 to 4.2 we uninstalled 2.7 but we didn't delete the existing ESET folder. Is it possible some of the clients are hanging on to a bum config file from the previous version.

The original configs where set up by another firm.

4. Mike_ENI

On the left, scroll to the bottom and click Remote Administration. Look and see if the box is checked to check into RA, then check the primary server address and make sure it's correct. It should ONLY be hostname or IP address of the RA server.

Received this from ESET support testing it out now.

5. Mike_ENI

This was indeed my problem. Thanks ESET for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.