Client will not connect to server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by joshtaylor87, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshtaylor87

joshtaylor87 Registered Member

Hi everyone, I have just purchased 10 licenses for NOD32 Enterprise, I used the tutorial posted on here to set everything up. My current "test" setup is just a Intel server running Server 2003 and a XP Pro workstation. The workstation can connect to the server and get the Updates from the Mirror folder. But in the RAC on the server it says that the client (computer name sales001) is not connected. It has a red field which says it is version 1916 but when I check in Control Centre on the client it says its version 2071 (it was updated via the Mirror folder). The server name is just "server" so in Remote Administration on the client under NOD32 System Setup I have Server address "server" and port 8088 and interval between connections to 5mins. I have also tried it with the server address set to "192.168.1.2" (as this is the servers IP address). This didn't make a difference.

As mentioned before the Client can connect to http://server:8088 to get the updates. But even when that happens it still says the client isn't connected in the RAC.

The RAC on the server is connected to the RAS which is renamed to server:2223

Is there anything I have done wrong? Which areas should I check/change?

Thanks guys (and girls)

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    File and Print sharing allowed in the XP firewall exceptions list?

3. joshtaylor87

Well...yes I suppose it would be as the windows firewall is turned off on the XP system.

4. joshtaylor87

I have been messing around with it today and still no solution found. Can anyone think of anything obvious I haven't done? Should I give Technical Support a ring?

Thanks

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What happens if you remove that workstation from the client list? Will it connect again?

6. joshtaylor87

If I delete the workstation from the client list, it doesn't detect it again it just shows the clients list as blank (keeping in mind I only have 1 workstation hooked up in this test environment). How do I get the workstation back into the client list now??

7. joshtaylor87

I remotely uninstalled nod32 from the workstation, then remotely re-installed it. It connected for a brief second then has never connected again since. When ever I set it a task the status of the task just stays on waiting because it never connects to the server to get the tasks it has been set to do. Yet if I go under Remote Install then click install, drag the workstation into the list, right click it and say get info, it will ask for an administrator password and then it gets all the details no problem. However when I go back to the client list it still says last connected ##hours ago.

I can not figure out why? Can anyone help or should I try to ring Tech Support?

Thanks

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have been advised to ask the following:

Why do you have a port of 8088 for the RAS?

Remote Administration on the client under NOD32 System Setup I have Server address "server" and port 8088

What the exact entry is for remote administration on the client.

Cheers :D

9. joshtaylor87

These are the settings I’ve tried under the Remote Administration Tab on the workstation:

Server address: server Port: 8088 Interval between connection time: 5
    Also tried
    Server address: server Port: 8081 Interval between connection time: 5
    And
    Server address: server Port: 2222 Interval between connection time: 5
    And
    Server address: server Port: 2223 Interval between connection time: 5

After I changed these setting from one to the other I logged off the workstation and logged back on again but the RAC on the server still says its disconnected.

However the RAC on the server is connected to the RAS (which is also stored on the server) using server:2223

10. joshtaylor87

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Thanks for your help. All I did was put in port number 2222 and restarted the workstation instead of logging off then back on. Pretty simple problem but frustrating to work out.

Thanks again.

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome, and glad it has been sorted.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.