Clicking Updates installs Turbo-Tax!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by curtswanson, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtswanson

curtswanson Registered Member

I'm having a hard time believing this too but when I click Updates in Spywareblaster, Turbo-Tax begins installing. It happens each time there is an update to download. Any ideas?

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I can't believe this! Spywareblaster and turbotax are not related at all, how the heck does that happen on your computer!?
    Turbotax seems like a piece of software designed to handle your taxes.

You need to provide more details so we can help you get to the root of the problem. You can also try contacting turbotax support and see if they can help to resolve the problem. Spywareblaster does not seem to be the problem here. Is turbo-tax on your computer?

3. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

Clean out your temp folders. I had that problem one time with Turbotax (though not with spywareblaster, it was another program). I ran CCleaner and it fixed the problem right away. Don't know what was causing it, but maybe TTax left some installation crap in the temp folder that was accidentally being run by another program.

4. curtswanson

curtswanson Registered Member

Thanks nadira and cthorpe. I just ran CCleaner and we'll see what happens next time.

Nadira, for the record, a couple of months ago, I uninstalled certain parts of Turbo Tax (you have to keep the main program, one for each year, though otherwise you can't view or print your tax forms! They're in a proprietary format). About the same time, I partitioned my C drive and moved the Program Files folder, among others, to a new partition. That was about the time this began happening.

I had a similar problem where Outlook began installing each time I opened Nero. I was able to get that to go away somehow. I think I uninstalled and re-installed Outlook. I wouldn't want to re-install TT... it is junk!

If it happens again, I'll be back.

5. nobodyinparticular

nobodyinparticular Registered Member

Hello,

I just ran into this problem myself. I do not know if this is a problem with Turbo Tax or with Spyware Blaster. I've tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work. On the bright side, clicking cancel twice on the installation finally allows me to update Spyware Blaster. Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.