clearing cache question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by SonyaM32, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Ok I have in the past had viruses sitting somewhere in my cache.(several times) I kinda like to do everything possible to keep my computer clean. My question is, can I clean ALL the cache off my computer? Is there any cache that IS important? ( I dont know alot) haha
    I have gone to control panel/java/cache, and cleared it there alot. Can I just do a search for cache and clean all that too? sorry if this seems like :cool: a silly question.
    Please be as specific as possible :rolleyes: I am not as computer literate as some of you good people are :) :D :cool: Thanx Sonya

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sonya, are you running XP? if you are then you will need to purge your System Restore points after the virus was removed - Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Restore - turn off monitoring on all drives (sorry you will loose all your restore points) I would re-boot and let System Restore start again with a clean sheet.

If you are using Internet Explorer you will need to go to - Tools - Internet Options - Delete files (tick the box for offline files too) and also clear the History.

To make really sure you should check your temp files folder/local settings etc and delete files in there. I am sure others can recommend software for the ultimate cleaning as I have had great advice on this forum for the various cleaners. I have just installed Tracks Eraser pro as the result of advice given to clean deeper that I could do manually.

HTH

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Attached Files:

4. SonyaM32

Thank you. How do I do this with Mozilla? Not firefox. Yes I have windows xp.

Don Pelotas, thanx for the link !!

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

With mozilla click on tools then options or preferences which ever you have and look down the list to privacy then cache and click the clear button. this is firefox but mozilla is almost identical

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  6. SonyaM321

SonyaM321 Guest

Thank you Bigc
    This is Sonya, I just cant sign in because I lost my password(I guess when I cleaned my cookies)
    I have been trying to get a password for almost a week. Any sugestions?
    Thanks

7. SonyaM321

SonyaM321 Guest

I have followed all the "forgot password" steps, and it aint working out, haha

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Sonya,

If your email account has any spam filters in place, then our message could have been sent to a junk or spam folder. Please check there first and let us know. Also, be sure that you used the email that you registered here with.

Regards,

snap

9. SonyaM32

Thank you. It was in my bulk e-mail. :D

10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

:D Great to see you logged in again, Sonya!

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.