Clear list of archives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rick007, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick007

rick007 Registered Member

How do I clear the list of archives from the Consolidation wizard -> archive to consolidate panel? One of the archives listed has imbedded a wrong drive letter and it won't fix by using the Browse button - always refers to the now bad drive letter that was used in the list of archives..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

When beginning a restore, can you Right click on the listing and choose remove or delete?

3. rick007

That deletes the backup from the disk. All I want to do is delete the item from the list.

I have a backup listed there that was written to y:\... but I copied it to x: and now want to consolidate it. When I try to point the 'Browse.." to x:/ it says it can't find the backup on y:, even though I am trying to force TI to read x:/...

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You did these file changes within ATI? If not, that's a no-no with ATI12/2009. ATI 12/2009 keeps a database of backups and unless your file operations are donw ewithin ATI, it goes wonky. While the database allows ATI 12/2009 to do some thing prior versions couldn't, it makes it a very unforgiving progam as far as file operations are concerned. It's the big "what the heck were they thinking?" in this particular version of ATI.

5. rick007

How can the database be cleared?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rick007,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Home 2009 creates the archive database file upon the first startup. Information about every backup created with Acronis True Image Home 2009 is recorded into this database. The database file is named archives.xml and is located in:

* Windows 2000/XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database
    * Windows Vista: Program Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. rick007

Thanks. This is just what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.