CleanSlate shutdown/logoff/restart problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BrownChiLD, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownChiLD

BrownChiLD Registered Member

Hi guys

im using fortres grand's clean slate on my computers... i noticed that on computers with cleanslate, after a period of use, it is impossible to shutdown/reboot/restart .. no matter what i do.. when you tell it to logoff/restart/shutdown, it does nothing.. no error.. and it's not frozen.. it just simply doesnt restart..

i disabled cleanslate on one of the computers.. and after some time of use it shutdown ok..

anyone experienced this before?

2. BrownChiLD

anyone?

3. BrownChiLD

still looking for answers

4. Tiller_harrison

Tiller_harrison Registered Member

I have been using Clean Slate for quite some time now. I believe I began with version 2. I have not experienced this behavior. Maybe there is another program on the computer that is interferring with the shut down process.

Are you using the Central Control program as well, or are you trying to shut down locally? I highly recommend the Central Control program to save a ton of time. With this program, you can remotely shut the computers down.

Have you tried their tech support? They have been great every time I had questions.

5. BrownChiLD

first of, regardning their support. they've not responded to a single support email me, and some other folks having the same problems, sent them..... i just got tired of asking them.. we all did really..

nope im not using the central control program.. cutting down on costs, and also, im developing our own network software that will have remote shutdown command feature also..

as with other programs interfering, what could it be? i mean, what kind of program could it be? I have no other programs that does things on boot, or shutdown... i dont have optimization software such as ramIdle, etc.. the computer's setup is just plain and nothing fancy.. doesnt even have an anti virus or firewall..

also, dont forget, shutting down IS NOT A PROBLEM when the unit hasnt been used..it can be on all day, but so long as it's not been used much it shuts down fine.. the problem is when it's used for a while.. like when someone plays computer games.. even just for 30 minutes.. then things dont shut down anymore.

6. Tiller_harrison

Tiller_harrison Registered Member

Wow, that is very surprising that you say you did not receive a reply. Every time I have needed to get a hold of them, I have used the support@fortresgrand.com email address. I have always received a reply within the same day.

I would suggest sending another email to them.

Since I have not experienced the behavior you describe, I don't even have suggestions.

7. BrownChiLD

thanks anyway mate. i'll try to email them again.. im not the only one who didnt receive replies by the way. my friend also didnt get one after numerous questions about this problem. oddly enough he did get replies regarding other matters....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.